NSORRA Hare Scrambles - Do you know what to do?
You’ve decided that you want to participate in an NSORRA hare scramble. So what do you need to do?
- Become an NSORRA member!
Being able to participate in NSORRA hare scrambles is a benefit of being a member of the association. To become a member, visit our and click on “Become A Member.”
You can join as an individual or as a family. Remember that each person you sign up must have their own email address. It won’t work if you put more than one person under an email address. Gmail and Hotmail offer free email addresses.
- Sign up under on the website
Once you open this tab at the top of the page, you will see a listing of our upcoming events. Click on the one for the hare scramble you want to register for and complete the form with payment.
NOTE: Make sure you enter your transponder number associated with your name and bike number. If this is incorrect or missing, we cannot transfer your race profile to the event Timing and Scoring system.
NOTE: Make sure you uncheck the “Transponder” box if you already have one. Otherwise you will be buying a new one!
- Check the leading up to the event to ensure it is a GO!
- The latest to withdraw from a scramble without penalty is the day before the event. No event refunds on race day.
At the Scramble
- Arrive at least a half hour before registration closes for your event.
- Check in at the NSORRA booth to ensure you are registered properly.
- Pick up your transponder if you pre-ordered one.
- Make sure your correct transponder number is registered for the event for each person you are registering.
- Ensure your bike number matches the one registered for the event.
- Make sure you attend the scheduled riders meeting for important race information.
- Line up for your race based on class. Usually fastest riding category leaves first.
- Slow down as you approach the Time and Scoring tent to ensure the flagman can see your number and so that your transponder can be read by the system.
- Do not rooster tail out of Timing and Scoring as this can incur you a penalty.
- If you decide to withdraw from a race once it has started, report to a Race Official who will report to Timing and Scoring, so that the sweepers do not have to search for you on the course.
- Do not interrupt Timing and Scoring team while bikes are passing through the booth. Wait until there is a gap to ask a question or report your withdrawal from the race.
- A monitor is available for current race status. It is on a 15-second delay.
- Unofficial results are printed out post-race. They are for quick reference only. Write down any errors on the provided clipboard as soon as possible. Timing and Scoring will review as soon as they are able.
Please remember that NSORRA is a volunteer-run organization. Occasionally errors are made and we work to ensure they are resolved as quickly as possible. We are always looking for volunteers. Please contact if you are able to assist in any specific areas.