Trail Clearing Volunteers Needed!
Hurricane Fiona passed through Nova Scotia on September 24th, changing the way our trails look. Some of our favourite ride areas have been deeply impacted.
NS OHV Members Taking on the Challenge
Members of all three NS OHV groups have, on their own goodwill, taken saws and heavier equipment into our trail systems to start the recovery process. The damage is bigger than the province, or any of the associations, can complete alone without this volunteerism.
We Need Your Help!
We are still compiling data about where trails need the most help. Please take a few minutes and let us know the answers to the following questions:
- What area(s) do you ride most?
- How badly affected are the trails you normally use? (Please be specific about where the impassible sections still exist.)
- Have you completed any cutting to reclaim trail?
- Have you volunteered, or are you interested in volunteering, to help clear affected trails?
- If yes, please let us know what areas you are available to volunteer.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESPONSES TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with our OHV Partners
We are working with both ATVANS and SANS on trail clearing. To continue growing our relationships with local clubs, please contact the ATVANS or SANS club in the area where you would like to volunteer to assist them in coordinating the trail cleanup. A link to the clubs can be found here:
ATVANS Clubs: https://atvans.wildapricot.org/clubs
Most Nova Scotians use trails for their chosen outdoor activities. Being in the woods at this time of year is a favourite activity for many. Let’s work together to get our riders back on the trail as soon as we can!